Taavi Women White & Gold-Toned Block Print Legacy Dupatta
Block printing is a process of using wodden blocks to create impressions on a cloth. The main tools of the printer are wooden blocks in different shapes – square, rectangle, oval, round and semi-circular or crescent – and sizes called bunta. Blocks are hand-carved of seasoned teak wood by trained craftsmen. The blocks for imprinting are hand-carved by skilled artisans in wood. These hand-carved block are used to imprint the design onto the fabric. The imprinting is done by hand by a skilled block printer.
- Region: Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal
- White and Gold-toned Block print dupatta
- has peinted border
- Craft: Block print legacy
- This is a handcrafted dupatta, and is prone to colour bleeding due to use of natural dyes
- The print on the garment might be uneven owning to the handcrafted nature of the product, adding essence to the garment.